Our Facilities: Overview
Youth Society is comprised of six facilities:
Hawthorne House: Serves males, under 18 years of age, in Dartmouth.
Johnson House: Serves females, under 18 years of age, in Dartmouth.
Sullivan House: Serves females, under 18 years of age, in Halifax.
Jubien House: Serves youth under 18 years of age, in Halifax.
Reigh Allen Centre: Serves youth under 18 years of age, in Dartmouth. Reigh Allen Centre is a short-term
stabilization and treatment centre.
Cogswell House: Serves males, under 18 years of age, in Middle Sackville.
All HomeBridge Youth Society facilities have common program characteristics,
which ensure compliance with the Provincial Standards for Residential
Child-Caring Facilities, however, each facility is also unique
in their mandate, and the life skills programming available to
the clients in their care.
- HomeBridge Youth Society services youth, male and female, between
12 and 18 years of age.
- Facilities are community based and located in residential neighbourhoods.
- HomeBridge Youth Society’s priority is to service the
Halifax Regional Municipality, however, youth from across Nova
Scotia utilize our service when available.
- Youth must be in the care of a Child Welfare Agency to be admitted
to any HomeBridge Youth Society facility.
- Each facility follows and enforces a “No Smoking”
- Each facility offers structured and unstructured life skills
- All youth are expected to attend a school program whenever possible.
Facility mandates are followed closely, while striving to serve
the needs of the youth presented to the Central Region as needing