About Us: Organization Overview
- Non-profit, charitable organization founded in 1977.
- Responded to a need identified by child welfare workers
for a facility to serve youth that foster homes were not appropriate
for and for whom community-based residential services did not
- Funded by the Department of Community Services.
- Operates six facilities in the Halifax Regional Municipality.
- Serves youth, male and female, between the ages of 12
and 18 years old who cannot live at home for various reasons.
- Governed by a 14 member Board of Directors comprised
of volunteer community professionals, following a policy model
- Operates with a multi-disciplinary approach to residential
A Controller (Business Manager) oversees all expenditures and
revenues. The controller works with supervisors, the executive
director and office manager to ensure financial best practice
is in place.
The Executive Director is responsible directly to the board of
directors, and manages all HomeBridge Youth Society’s operations
on a daily basis.